Monday, December 13, 2010

Schedule: July-December 1936

I'm halfway through 1936 now, and things are progressing nicely.  The books are becoming much quicker to read, and I'm able to follow the huge amount of strips much better now that I'm getting immersed in them.  Not that I'm all that invested in what happens; most of my interest here is purely historical.  Siegel and Shuster's 'Federal Men' is the strip I'm enjoying the most, probably because it has the most in common with what will become the super-hero genre.

As for the second half of 1936, it's more of the same, with New Comics and More Fun Comics in rotation.  December sees New Comics change title to New Adventure Comics, and I'll be interested to see if that comes with a change in style or presentation.

July 1936
DC:
            More Fun Comics #12
            New Comics #7

August 1936
DC:
            More Fun Comics #13
            New Comics #8

September 1936
DC:
            More Fun Comics #14
            New Comics #9

October 1936
DC:
            More Fun Comics #15
            New Comics #10

November 1936
DC:
            More Fun Comics #16

December 1936
DC:
            New Comics #11
            More Fun Comics #17
            New Adventure Comics #12

No comments:

Post a Comment