Thursday, February 7, 2013

The End

As my loyal reader(s) will have noticed, this blog hasn't been updated in months.  Alas, it's not going to be, due to one big setback and a number of other circumstances.

The main reason the blog stopped updating is that I lost a file that had about fifty reviews in it.  Needless to say, I wasn't about to go back and re-read that many Golden Age comics.  Once is quite enough, thank you!  I also didn't want to forge ahead, leaving a months-long gap of unreviewed material. 

To add to that, I've been prioritizing things in my life.  I'm spending more time with my family, and putting the bulk of my focus into writing.  I plan on releasing my first novel ('Jack Manley and the Warlord of Infinity') some time this year on a digital platform, probably Amazon, and naturally that's taking up a lot of my time.

So after months of thought on the matter, I am retiring Comics Odyssey.  It may return as an image-based tumblr some time down the track, but this site is dead.  I will leave it up, as I feel like it's a good repository of info on just what can be found in the comics of the 1930s, but there won't be any more posts.

Thanks to everyone who commented, and all my readers.  Hope you enjoyed it!

3 comments:

  1. gnaaaahhh!
    I just FOUND this site two weeks ago!
    This was good stuff, and it will be missed. Thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, is is really great to know about your effort, even though it's now interrupted. It was like finding a missed twin. I'm a historian and a History teacher, and I intend to get a master's degree, here in Brazil, analysing DC, Marvel and Fawcett comics from 1935 to 1945. And yes, it is a herculean job, and I'm afraid I won't get to reach the great 80's comics, but if I can reach 1945 I will be happy. Your work will help me, that's for sure. If you wanna chat, write me at diegogarcia08@gmail.com. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete