Tuesday, February 21, 2012

State of the Comics Odyssey Address

I've been doing some thinking about the future of this blog, brought on mostly by a look at my schedule for May of 1940.  Never fear, it's not going away.  But I have gotten to the point where a month's worth of comics from 1940 is going to take me more than a month of real time to blog my way through.  As it stands, I can't pick up the pace.  I'm currently just plugging away, reading one comic a day, and hoping to get to the point where the page count goes down so that I can step things up.

What I have decided to do is focus on the Marvel and DC titles.  Apologies to Archie, Quality and Fawcett, but they're just eating up time I would prefer to use in making some headway.  The Marvel and DC books are the ones I'm genuinely interested in anyway, and the reasons that I started this blog in the first place.

I will finish the books listed on my schedule for April 1940.  I've read them already, so it makes sense.  As of May 1940, the list will be trimmed down and much more manageable.  I'll miss some strips, particularly Eisner's work on 'Espionage'.  Otherwise I think that this will do wonders for my enthusiasm, and will make my path to the books I really want to read all the quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment